The Citizenfund offers everyone the opportunity to take back control of finance and become an actor of change by financially supporting the companies of tomorrow.
By putting a fraction of your savings into our fund,
you support ambitious entrepreneurial projects with a social or environmental impact beneficial to society.
By investing, you become a de facto associate of the Citizenfund.
The subscription of shares is a way of making your savings available rather than a speculative investment or a philanthropic donation. The social return of your investment is guaranteed, and a financial return of up to 6% is possible (according to our CNC approval, Royal Decree of 8 January 1962, art.1), but is in no way guaranteed.
• B shares at €250 (+€10 one-off management fee per share) for everyone
• C shares at €50 (+€2 one-off management fee per unit) for persons under 26 years of age at the time of subscription.
Your role as a cooperator
AS A COOPERATOR-INVESTOR, YOU BECOME THE OWNER OF PART OF THE CITIZENFUND. YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO VOTE FOR THE PROJECTS FINANCED AND FOR GOVERNANCE DECISIONS, ACCORDING TO THE PRINCIPLE OF 1 PERSON = 1 VOTE.
YOU CAN ALSO TAKE ON OTHER ROLES:
You join our selection committee as an elected cooperator or as an expert in a specific field.
You are following up on one of the projects financed by the Citizenfund.
You represent cooperators B and C on the Board of Directors.
At any time, and depending on your availability, you can also respond to our calls to make your skills available to the Citizenfund, or submit projects with a societal impact.
Our triple-checking process
AT CITIZENFUND, IT IS OUR COOPERATORS-INVESTORS WHO CHOOSE THE COMPANIES THAT THE FUND FINANCES. THE TRIPLE-CHECKING PROCESS WE HAVE PUT IN PLACE ALLOWS US TO RELY ENTIRELY ON COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE TO MAKE FINANCING DECISIONS.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. After an initial meeting and an initial screening by the operational team, the Selection Committee verifies that the entrepreneur and his project correspond to the Citizenfund’s values by evaluating it on 5 criteria.
2. Our cooperators-investors meet the entrepreneur and his project and challenge them in a friendly manner. They then vote during 10 days on our site for or against the financing of the social enterprise by the Citizenfund. If the majority is in favour of the project, it will be financed. The majority wins.
3. An elected cooperator-investor then takes over by becoming an observer. His role is to monitor a financed project, hand in hand with the entrepreneur and the Citizenfund’s operational team.
TO FIND OUT MORE
• Presentation of the Citizenfund •